Without a reliable HVAC system set up at home or in the workplace, comfortable conditions are impossibility. The summer temperatures soar every year, and winter chills are also becoming rather unpredictable. Any HVAC system needs periodic maintenance to run efficiently and provide the desired results. However, after a time, replacing the HVAC setup will be necessary.
When to replace the HVAC system at your home?
It is hard to pinpoint a precise timeline for replacing your existing HVAC system. Not everyone uses the system in the same way. For some people, the lifespan of an HVAC system may be less than ten years. Other households may enjoy smooth operation for more than a decade without major repair and disruptions.
Listed below are a few major factors to analyze as you consider replacing your existing HVAC setup.
- You may think of replacing the HVAC system if the AC is more than ten years old. Older AC units are not as energy-efficient as the new models. Using the older model will consume more energy than necessary, inflating your energy bill every month. Additionally, older AC models run on a refrigerant that may be harmful to the environment. Calling an AC and heating repair Norwood agency will be necessary.
- If your AC continually encounters problems, it may be time to replace the HVAC system. After a period, repair costs tend to be higher. An old AC may not offer optimum performance even after performing a repair several times.
- The efficiency of furnaces and AC units diminishes over the years, regardless of the brand and model. Even if the appliances are serviced every year, their performance will dip after a decade or so. It is a natural process. So, when you find the HVAC system running below par, and the energy bill keeps increasing, it is time to replace the old system with a new one.
- A worn out HVAC system will struggle to maintain a steady temperature in the home. This can be caused by a number of factors. The thermostat unit may get damaged, the ducts may develop leaks, or filters may get clogged. Sometimes, the coolant may leak as well. In some cases, repairing the faulty components may work. But after a time, replacing such a worn-out system is the best option.
- An old and malfunctioning HVAC system may generate odd sounds from time to time. It may be a sign of the AC compressor reaching the end of the lifespan.
- When your HVAC system can’t perform as expected, you may find more dust or experience a stale odor permeating the rooms. These are signs that air filters are not working well.
Hiring the right agency for HVAC replacement
You shouldn’t hire just any company offering AC and furnace repair Norwood to get your old HVAC setup replaced with a new one. You should opt for an agency that has a satisfied customer base and offers all types of heating and cooling related services. For hassle-free HVAC services, your best option is Sinclaire Home Services. It offers HVAC setup and replacement at affordable rates.