Water damages are a common occurrence in our homes and offices. Most times overlooked, water damage should be attended to as soon as possible because if left unattended, can cause long-term effects that can be difficult to restore. The materials that get affected by water the most are organic materials. Additionally, water can create an ideal environment for the growth of molds and bacteria. If you have signs of water damage in your home, it is important to consult water damage services Lakewood CO. These professionals provide expert cleanup services and will take care of any water damage in your house or office.
What does a Water Damage Repair Company Do?
These professionals are well equipped with protective and working materials to repair any form of water damage. Their functions are well explained below.
- Identification of the Type of Water Damage: The first task of water damage services Lakewood CO is to identify the particular type of water damage that has to be dealt with. Some water damages are much more dangerous than others and have to be handled more meticulously. Water damages are usually grouped into 3 categories. Category 1 is also called the white category and is due to water from a clean source. This is usually not dangerous. Category 2 is also called the gray category. Gray water unlike clean water contains some degree of contaminants. Sources are usually from toilet pipes. Category 3 is the black category. Blackwater is severely contaminated water and poses great health risks to life and property. Sources include sewage and stagnant water. An important point to note is that water contamination can worsen with time. Thus, category 1 water damage can move to category 3 if not well handled.
- Evacuating the Water: Immediately the type of water damage and the source of the water damage has been discovered, the water is evacuated as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Water damage services Lakewood CO may use equipment such as the truck-mounted pumps to effectively evacuate the water from your apartment.
- Investigation of the Damaged Materials: After the water has been evacuated effectively, the materials that have been damaged are evaluated by the water damage services Lakewood CO experts. Those that are salvageable are identified and taken in for repairs and those that cannot be salvaged are disposed of appropriately.
- Drying: This is arguably the most lengthy phase of the water damage repair process. The drying process will make sure that the water has been effectively removed from the apartment. Various equipment are used in this process. Some of the common ones include dehumidifiers, air injectors, and air movers. The moisture concentration is constantly measured during this process to make sure that the drying is done effectively.
- Removal of Microbes: This is not typically done by water damage services Lakewood CO experts. However, when microbes, especially molds are identified during the cleanup process, they are removed appropriately. Water can serve as breeding grounds for microbes. So, oftentimes, these microbes can be found growing in an area of water damage.